Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The very first time...


Like many people said, there is always a start to everything.

Having recounted my love for sugary stuff..anything beautiful..anything incredible..for me, it starts with FONDANT...
This may not be a new invention under the planet earth, but, to me, it feels like i had just discovered a bottomless toy box, where fondant allows me to explore and experience the unthinkable with cakes..it just spells..E-X-C-I-T-I-N-G!!

This happened sometime in summer 2009, where i finally decided to conquer this "species" of sugar element, and baked a homemade cake for my coworker's bday, instead of heading to the store and having to limit myself to choose from one of the selections displayed behind the glass shelf.

Michelle, is a very proud Alumni of Michigan State..Her desk, may feel like a school souvenir shop in Michigan State University strip. "Green" objects, and the letter M are just common items amidst the sketch paper and sharpie pens. So, to further reinforce the school spirit, and to celebrate her being an avid sports fan, I decided to create a cake with her being the School Cheerleader in the Green jersey!

This feat turns out to be harder than i could have imagined and prepped myself to do. The pleated skirt was an ordeal of its own, to pleat it well without having cracks was nerve wrecking. It feels so fragile, and creating the Michelle figurine turns out to be very time consuming. However, with every single hour spent, there is a surge of satisfaction in my heart each time i sit back and look at my cheerleader.. she is quite cute after all. :)

So, a crowd gathered at her desk, and as I approached the desk with the cake, i noticed all eyes were fixated on something else other than me. Hmmm... who else could be more charming than the maker of the cake? Its the cheerleader!

I was really thrilled to see how happy and excited Michelle was receiving this cake..It made all my efforts paid off! yay!! and i was proud to say, the cheerleader is 100% edible! Non toxic..Just very sugary...

No comments:

Post a Comment