Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Handbag Gift


My next challenge came on a very short notice, just 3 days before the pick up date!
It was one lazy afternoon when I was browsing the internet, and my phone rang with a request for a handbag cake for a girlfriend's birthday. When I was asked if this is possible, I checked my calendar and jumped to my feet and readily said YES! I could almost feel the sudden adrenaline flowing through my body as I hanged up the phone.
I am very excited about this handbag challenge! I have never done a handbag cake and this will be my first!

I laid out my game plan to attack this assignment and got into work almost instantaneously! Talk about efficiency! Waste not the time, idle not..

Having done several carved cakes, I am beginning to enjoy the process of it, and the sense of gratification from working on a plane other than a circular cake or a square cake. It feels like you can grab the cake and sling on your shoulder! :)
To further personalized the cake for our career minded recipient, i have added a blackberry phone, an over sized sunglasses as well as bag tag with her initials on it.

Overall, it is one delicious edible HANDBAG!..Happy Birthday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment