Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Abby's BAck to school




When we first reached Singapore, our first and foremost priority was to look for housing, and secondly, was for Abby's school. Seeing so many schools around Singapore, and also the ones listed under preschool on the internet, one would think its not a big deal, and surely getting into those big schools is an easy thing. But to my dismay, I had almost exhausted my list of schools before I finally got a call informing me that there is an availability for Abby in May! Yay!! And this is for the school right next to our Condo. Sweet deal! And its for morning session, just like we wanted..Without wasting a second and a breath, I said "YES, we will take it!!" and sighed loudly! :)

Abby was a real trooper in braving the new school situation, in spite of the fact that we are in a new school with new friends. She went in to her school with such readiness and smiles that I concluded, she deserved a celebration cake! And the inspiration came from a comment that came out of her mouth one day, while I was doing the mickey Mouse cake, she said, mommy, i want to have a school bus too!

Voila!! that was a perfect cake for the event! going back to school cake with a school bus cake and a school on the little hill!

Her eyes opened wide when she saw the school bus, and beaming a wide smile, she proudly said "that's MY bus!"..

Yes Abby..that's your very own personalized school bus..I guess I owed it to her that she gets her desire of her heart..She is definitely not shy about letting her wants be known. :) that;s my little Abby..

No comments:

Post a Comment