Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Minnie Mouse



March 2010

Shortly after our relocation to Singapore, I received an email inquiry from a friend in Singapore who has seen some of my previous cake creations. She was interested to order a birthday cake for her daughter's 2nd birthday cake. The timing could not have been more perfect as her birthday is 2 weeks upon the arrival of our container! That leaves me with 2 weeks to get my entire house in order, before I could work on the cake. Thanks to my parents who are here to help out with the unpacking, it went pretty smoothly, and before soon, our house is filled with familiar furniture and Abby's toys again.

The theme of my first Singapore client, was to cater to her liking of Minnie Mouse or Hello Kitty. Having done neither characters, I decided to go with Minnie Mouse, since I am more well versed with it (Abby is a Mickey Clubhouse Fan too). And I have decided to do a 3D convertible car for Minnie to sit in, depicting her ride to the Land of 2! :)

The cake turns out as imagined, and after much molding and remolding, Minnie's face finally takes its proper shape. :) phew! never did realize that there is so much to that little cute character's face.

I am real glad that my very first client in Singapore was happy with the cake and do does her friends in school!

No comments:

Post a Comment