Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Princess Aurora


November 20, 2009

This cupcake series on "Princess Aurora and her Forest friends" is dedicated to a very special little girl that loves Princess Aurora and Sugar Treats!

Being older and not keeping up with the Princess lineup, I remembered going into the Disney store to check out who is Princess Aurora. I looked and looked and couldn't find the name on the shelves. Surely this is not a Made up Princess name, she has to be a real character under Disney. So, I pulled a store lady to the side, and quietly asked, is there a princess aurora? without having others hear me ask this stupid question. She chucked and said, yes,...She is otherwise known as Sleeping Beauty! Aha!
That is a familiar name...Did she just adapt a new name recently to Princess aurora...too confusing to me!

So, that same night, I went about creating this cupcake sequel. There is something charming about creating a cupcake series, where each one is different from the others but yet, together they weave a beautiful storyline.

That day when I arrived with the cake, the little birthday girl, eyed me shyly from the corner of the room. She recognized the sugar treats from a mile away, but, rather shy to be devouring it at my sight. She is after all, a little fine lady. :)

So, the highlight of the event was, when I saw her, sitting down in her chair, with the squirrel in her hand, and she literally stuck the animal into her mouth, and chowed on the sugars slowly, letting the ears and eyes melt in her mouth..My oh my....that was quite a sight... :)there is such joy and satisfaction witnessing how my treats really made her day..

No comments:

Post a Comment