Monday, July 12, 2010

Superman on Marina Bay Sands



This cake was our gift to our dear friends from Chicago, who was celebrating their son's 40 days old celebration. When I inquired about the any preferred theme or character, the wife quickly responded with "superman"! Now, I haven't done any cake for 40 days old celebration, but i was thinking more like little cute animals, or pacifiers or pram, but definitely not a superhero theme! I couldn't help, but said, are you serious? ha! at that point, i must validate that request for a fact. :) She said, it is the dad's fav character! alright then! Let's embrace baby peter future as our superhero in the next generation~! And while brainstorming more on the cake, Wijaya, exclaimed what about marina bay sands! since it is the grandest and latest development here in singapore, it is definitely a landmark here. Let's localise this cake to our singapore flair! I was definitely excited..I am about to build the marina bay sands..:)i have always loved buildings and architecture, and it has always been my aim to be able to build a skyscrapers of some sort or building facade to appease my love of buildings. And the opportunity has arrived! ..
For those who know me, I come from a big family, with many many members...and it happened so, that my parents and my sister's 2 families are visiting singapore and staying with me. So, the juggle with this cake was to balance my sanity with the crowd at our house with 5 children spinning around the house as if on sugar high, spending time with them as well as forking time out to get the cake done.:)
But i managed to get it done in time according to what i had envisioned, amidst the zara sale and the last minute zoo trip temptations too. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey !
    Thats an amazing cake! Beautiful design. If I may ask, how did you achieve the building like effect on the towers (the checks effect on the towers)?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete