Monday, July 12, 2010

Ball time at the carnival!




As a kid growing up, I have always fancy the idea of carnivals and seeing those cleverly trained animals doing tricks. Not that I have been to a lot of these events, actually I think i have only attended ONCE! :) but well, it was enough to carry a sweet memory growing up, that's all that matters, rite? :) so, for my cousin's son's 2nd birthday, since the only description i got from the parents is that he loves balls, I decided to adapt the carnival theme ball party! Balls..balls..There are to be seen everywhere! So, with this cake, I have the birthday boy emerged in a pool of balls and surrounded by an elephant and a clown juggling balls.
When i looked at this picture, i couldn't help but recount a rather nerve wrecking yet funny incident. Of course, this story is not far from mischievous abby! typically, I am pretty good about warning abby along the way, that she is not supposed to touch the cake that i am preparing, and I would set the finished cake in a plane beyond her reach. No, its not the cake that was in jeopardy, luckily, phew! While we were waiting for my cousin's arrival, I had set the tent canopy and a candle in a paper bag on the floor by the door, so I would not forget to bring them. And while i was in the room preparing myself, I had noticed that I haven't heard much of Abby in the past 5 min. Now, based on my experience, the most dangerous moment is when she is the quietest. :) when i come out of the room, i saw her on the floor, next to the bag totally unraveled, and there she was trying hard to jab the candle into the canopy, and she did it several times with such frustration that it won't penetrate!! That was such a scary sight! No!!! luckily, this was not a successful attempt, it only made several indentations on the canopy. Oh my, I should never take chances with anything, around a curious toddler. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment