Sunday, July 11, 2010

CookieTime!




I have never been a great fan of sugar cookies, however, I do love shortbread cookies. So, one week, I decided to bake a batch of shortbread cookies and to have fun with it. Of course, this effort does not get unnoticed by our curious toddler, Abby. So, I decided to recruit her as my little cookie helper. She quickly ran to her little kitchen set to put on her apron and chef hat, and aimed for the rolling pin even before i offered. I gave her a chunk of dough and she started rolling and making her cookie shapes. That was a very fun first experience for her. We put the cookies to bake and while Abby takes her nap,, i began to ice my cookies!Icing may look very easy to do in picture, but in reality, there is so much hand control that is needed to produce delicate lines. I couldn't help but really appreciate the nice cookies that i see in the store fronts, its definitely a skill to be acquired. Overall, this was a fun baking session and most of all, I loved the taste of shortbread in my mouth!!

No comments:

Post a Comment